I love the design of the new Tinkering tees, though the fit wasn't quite right for my body type. What's a girl to do? The clear solution was to tinker with it. A few minor alterations later and I'm in love with my new shirt!
The first alteration was changing the shape of the neckline. I flipped the shirt inside out and used the shape of a tee that I knew fit well to guide me in drawing a new curve along the front. I used a sharp pair of scissors to cut along the line and, voila!, a whole new look. The next alteration was the sleeves. The "ringer" style sleeve was a little snug and overall was super long so I cut the end off. At first I wasn't sure how to finish the sleeve but then the fabric naturally began to roll up. I folded it twice, pinned it in place, and sewed a button on the outside to hold the fold. There are also a few stitches on the inside of the cuff as well to make it more secure. I really like the red-orange thread and the white button to match the glue gun design on the front. Those two simple changes made a big difference in fit.